Google SearchWiki Launched
Mozilla has announced that the final version of Firefox 3 will go public today, Tuesday, June 17, 2008:
After more than 34 months of active development, and with the contributions of thousands, we’re proud to announce that we’re ready. Put on your party hats and get ready to download Firefox 3 — the best web browser, period.
As part of the celebration, design firm Nobox has created a cool new poster that summarizes the robot series headed with the word Victory. You can get a large version of it at Flickr.
For the full details of Firefox 3, check the full review.
Download Day starts at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time for other times see: http://tinyurl.com/4e7fv5. This is 6 p.m. GMT.
Download: Firefox 3
foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported natively: MP1,
MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV,
AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.
- More audio formats supported through optional components, official or third-party.
- Full unicode support.
- Customizable user interface layout (new in version 0.9.5). View screenshots…
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Read more…
- ReplayGain support – both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Foobar2000 is a lightweight, minimalist audio player and best of all it is freeware.
Despite the fact that foobar2000 can run on hardware that other players (like iTunes) would instantly kill, it’s no less a great audio player for even the most powerful computer. Foobar2000 is fully configurable as well as wonderfully compact and efficient. For example, I’m a big fan of keyboard shortcuts, and foobar2000 lets you easily set them up to do pretty much whatever you like.
If you’re still trying to find your favorite audio player, or if you’re like me and what you want out of your audio player is constantly changing, the newest version of foobar2000 is really worth checking out, especially if your main concern is playing high quality audio quickly and easily.
NOTE: Windows 2000, XP or newer is now required. Continue reading Foobar2000 0.9 Out!