Microsoft have pushed Windows Defender final out and it’s available for download now. You must be running either Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP1. Windows Genuine Advantage validation is required.
- New option to display Windows Defender system tray icon even when there are no pending actions needed.
- Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
- Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
- Improved control over programs on your computer with enhanced Software Explorer.
- Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
- Protection features for all users, whether or not they have administrator rights on the computer.
- Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- Automatic cleaning according to your settings during regularly scheduled scans.
Microsoft encourages all Windows Defender (Beta 2) users to download and install Windows Defender.